2/18/2006

Starting Somewhere

Well, you have to, don't you? I've been wondering about the craze of journaling, so I decided that I'd give it a try. I recently started knitting again, and, as a left-handed person, I thought that a journal of my left-handed attempts at various needlecrafts might be an interesting foray. I know that, in the past, it's been an adventure of sorts. Well, at least keeping the yarn away from the cats has been a challenge.

I've been crocheting since 1996 or so. I crochet left-handed. Since my main products tend to be blankets and potholders, this has only ever one caused a problem (a pair of slippers for my son, where I had to reverse the instructions, after swearing like a Sailor didn't fix the mess that had formed). That said, when I taught myself how to knit many moons ago, I learned right-handed. It works for me, and it's a little less confusing. I recently got back into knitting (after a 16-year hiatus), and picked up Sally Melville's The Knit Stitch. So, while I'm still knitting right-handed, I'm exploring various ways of carrying the yarn.
And, for the rest of the run-down:

Cross-stitch/Crewel: Left-handed
Tatting: Left-handed
Let the games begin. :)

No comments: