4/23/2007

Yummy

I'm working on three acrylic afghans right now--one for a friend's baby (born a year ago--yes, I am bad bad bad); one large granny for my bedroom (started 10 years ago--yes, I am bad bad bad); and a Flower Power ripple for the No-End-In-Sight Ripple-Along. So, when my almost-4 yr old declared that he wanted me to make him an afghan, what did I say? You guessed it. I am sunk into another one.

So, off to the yarn store I went. I decided that, since it was a smallish afghan (only 3 ft x 3 ft), I'd indulge myself, er, my child, in yummy yarn. Lamb's Pride Worsted was the winner. This stuff is almost edible, it's so much fun to work with. And, the colors, while bright, are a totally different, more muted and textured, hue from the Red Heart that I usually use to make projects like this. In celebration of my delicious yarn, I also splurged on a wooden crochet hook (Laurel Hill, Forest Palmwood, size H).

By the way--NEVER, EVER mistakenly leave your pattern at the yarn store. It means you have to go back the next day to fetch it. Uh oh. I'll show you what I bought on clearance another day, when I figure out what to do with it.

No comments: